Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The First in a Long Line of Blog Posts

Throughout my life, I've spent a good portion on the internet writing about things that are important to me. Mainly those things have consisted of movies, video games, and television shows. The world of entertainment is an incredibly important influence of my life. I love all aspects of it and will certainly continue to feel this way in the foreseeable future.

The problem laid in the fact that until now, I never had a proper outlet for something like this. LiveJournal and MySpace are two very limited forums in which there is great difficulty creating an effective blog. So I've decided to port myself over in this direction, one more suited to my overall style. That is not to say that I will quit posting on MySpace. On the contrary, I am sure that I will continue to post carbon copies of whatever I post here there as well. But I feel that this is going to be my primary outlet.

So what are you going to see here? Well, that really depends. I would say that primarily it will be movie reviews. I see at least one or two movies every week and I often enjoy writing about them. And my first order of business will probably be to write a review of Live Free or Die Hard which I am sure I will inevitably see on Wednesday. If I get the opportunity to see an advance copy of a movie, then I will definitely write reviews up about those.

Also, within the blog there will hopefully be some video game reviews as well. I do not play video games as often as I would like. But the ones that I do play, I will write about. Also, I'll include any relevant gaming or movie news that I feel needs to be shared.

I am also a HUGE fan of certain television programs. My favorite programs at the moment are Lost, Heroes, Dexter, 24 (provided they change things up in season 7), Smallville (I honestly think it sucks now but continue watching out of habit), The Office, and Prison Break. Lost being my favorite, I will hopefully be writing about that as often as possible.

At any rate, I am sure there will also be some random ramblings from time to time about the state of the world or my personal grievances or other rants of that nature. I am looking to both entertain and inform and bring the world together in perfect harmony, through a blog.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.


SeannyD

P.S. I hate the word blog. But what other word for this sort of thing is there anyway?

No comments: